Mr Nancy is an action adventure about bravery and friendship. Three unlikely strangers must overcome their differences when they unite to outwit the terrible tiger-monster. Inspired by West African ‘Anansi’ folktales, and stories of the Norse god, Loki, Mr Nancy is a vibrant mix of myth, music and song. A dynamic and accessible introduction to live theatre for young audiences from Auckland’s premier theatre company.
- Running Time: 35 minutes
- Technical Requirements: A large clear performance space (a school hall or gymnasium)
- Numbers: Suitable for a maximum of 250 pupils per performance, seated on the floor, in the round. Or up to 500 pupils in raked seating. (Please contact us to discuss your specific requirements)
- Suitability: Most suitable for year levels 3 – 8
- Education Pack: Available free of charge.
- English, Level 1-4, Listening, Reading and Viewing: Purposes and Audiences (recognising that texts are constructed for different purposes); Ideas (understanding ideas within, across and beyond texts)
- Social Science, Level 1-4: Understanding roles in society; the importance of culture and heritage
- The Arts, Level 1-4, Drama – Communicating and Interpreting: Responding to elements of drama
- Key Competencies: Thinking, Relating to Others
- South Auckland: Monday 2 – Friday 6 November
- West Auckland: Monday 9 – Friday 13 November
- Rest of Auckland: Monday 16 – Friday 20 November
The perfect Term 4 treat for your school!
We have several pricing options; per show or per student – designed to suit all school budgets.
- 1 SHOW min. of 80 pupils per performance $4 per pupil (minimum fee)
- 2 SHOWS min of 100 pupils per performance $3 per pupil (minimum fee)
- 3 SHOWS min of 120 pupils per performance $2.50 per pupil (minimum fee)
If you are a Decile 1 or 2 school in South or West Auckland you may be eligible for one of a limited number of free performances.
We have some great incentives if your school would like to act as a hub, hosting performances of Mr Nancy for other local schools in your area, contact us to find out more.
TO BOOK contact email@example.com / 09 309 3395
TO DISCUSS THE SUITABILITY OF THIS PLAY contact: firstname.lastname@example.org / 09 309 0390 x 267