Auckland – Sunday 11 November 2018
Wellington – Thursday 15 November 2018
‘The Duffy Show’ consists of two Auckland based teams (three actors in each team) that tour for a period of approximately ten months travelling from the top of the North Island to the bottom of the South Island. Performing in Duffy schools with audience sizes ranging from 10 to 400, this is a great way to see the country while practicing your craft and getting paid. In 2018, Duffy Books in Homes will be celebrating 25 years as one of the most valued charities in Aotearoa.
Each team performs The Duffy Show twice a day, five days a week, making this a great way to develop your craft and gain confidence as an actor. Actors are paid a wage with the addition of per diems when away from Auckland. Accommodation outside of Auckland is covered and teams are provided with a touring vehicle and trailer while fuel and any other tour-related travel costs (e.g. ferries) are also covered. Jeff Szusterman will once again direct the show while Lauren Jackson is our writer.
Rehearsals will take place in Auckland from Monday, January 14 with tour kicking off on February 11. The tour will conclude in mid-November 2019 (exact date TBC)
What are we looking for?
- Actors who are looking for nearly 11 months of full time employment.
- Actors willing to perform generously with a youthful and diverse audience. (Age 5 – 12)
- Actors with full driver’s license. (Non-essential but will help your chances)
- Actors that have the stamina to work every day for an extended period of time
- Actors who work well in a small team.
- Actors with basic abilities to sing and play musical instruments will be a plus.
- Actors with a passion for reading and books.
Please note: This is an Auckland based opportunity. Duffy Books in Homes cannot assist with accommodation etc. for those not Auckland based.
To register for an audition please send your CV and a recent headshot to David: email@example.com