Taki Rua and Capital E National Theatre for Children present the 2019 Te Reo Māori Season tour:
Te Kuia Me Te Pūngāwerewere
- Written and directed by Jamie McCaskill
- Adapted from The Kuia and the Spider by Patricia Grace with illustrations by Robyn Kahukiwa
- Translated into te reo Māori by Hōhepa Waitoa
Te Kuia Me Te Pūngāwerewere tells the real reason why the old lady and the spider are constantly arguing. While in the midst of their daily bickering, Kui and Pūpai the spider are suddenly thrust from their home in Paekākāriki into the wonderful world of spiders. There, they must work together to save the spider world from human proliferation.
The show is performed entirely in te reo Māori, but uses gestures and movement so that even non-speakers can follow along.
- Te Marae at Te Papa Tongarewa, 1pm, Sat March 9, (part of Capital E National Arts Festival)
- Auckland Arts Festival Speigeltent, Aotea Square, Mar 24, 11:00 AM and 2pm (Part of Auckland Arts Festival)